Wednesday, July 8, 2009

mmmmmmanzanas

Just made apple crumb dessert topped w/vanilla ice cream for our host family!! I couldn’t find a pie crust so I just baked the insides hehe. Hannah made Toad in the Hole (.. en el hueco!) and Sharon cheese over brocolli at the same time, so it was pretty hectic and fun in the kitchen. :D I’ve never made anything from scratch before, but minus the crumb burns haha, it turned out well, so yay! Vera said she’s learned a lot from watching us, mainly that certain things seem to go well together - brocolli tastes so much better with cheese, who knew? I translated the recipe I found online for Vera since everyone seemed to like it so much, and it’s just better to teach a man how to fish instead of just giving him a fish. You knoww. :]

No comments:

Post a Comment